Coldwater and Area Vacation Bible School
Coldwater Food Bank
14 Harriet Street
Coldwater, ON L0K 1E0
• Open on Thursdays (unless otherwise stated) 2pm – 4pm; year round; closed on stat holidays. We serve Coldwater, Waubaushene and surrounding rural areas.
• Identification and proof of income required.
• For donation or inquiry, please call 705-686-7787.
Coldwater Lions Club
• The Coldwater Lions Club usually meets on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 6:30pm at the Coldwater church hall. At this time (January 2021) Lions are not meeting at the church due to Covid 19.
Flowers and Prayer Shawl Ministry
• Wesley United Church, Eady and its UCW provide flower and prayer shawl delivery. There is a small, dedicated group of ladies who meet at Eady United to make the shawls. They would love to have more members. The shawls are given to folks in the community and surrounding area who are in need of comfort and prayer due to illness, bereavement, baptisms and other life events.
People are knitting at home at this time due to Covid 19. No meetings at this time.
• Meetings are held at the Eady church in the Wesley Room on the last Wednesday of each month from 12:30 p.m. until 1:30 p.m. (except July and August).
• If you have any questions, feel free to call 705-686-7787.
• Members and Friends of Coldwater/Eady United Churches support and assist families within our local community through fund raisers such as dinners and pie sales
This Christmas we raised money for Mariposa Hospice House in Orillia and the Huronia Hospice in Midland.
Shoe Box Ministry
• We have partcipated in Operation Christmas Child Shoe Box Ministry.
• For more information, go to the website http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/Pack_A_Shoe_Box/ or contact 705-686-7787.
Lighthouse Christian Ministries (Orillia) and Women’s Shelter (Orillia & Midland)
• We support Lighthouse Christian Ministries (Orillia) and Women’s Shelter Ministry (Orillia & Midland) through special donations, such as White-Gift Sunday.
Advent Projects in the past have included: We purchased toys/games for children who would be hospitalized over Christmas on the paediatrics ward at Soldiers Memorial Hospital, Orillia. We have, on several occasions, supported the Christian Men's Lighthouse Ministries with socks, mittens, personal items such as soap, shaving cream, bus tickets, Tim Horton cards, etc. We have supported Women's Shelters in Orillia and Midland; We have supported a local school with winter wear;. As our Easter Outreach project in 2015 we supported the family of a young girl dealing with cancer in our area. We also support children attending Camp Simpresca and Camp Big Canoe.
We also support our local Food Bank out of the Coldwater United Church which is open on Thursday from 2 - 4 p.m. (excluding holidays)..
At Wesley United Church, Eady we have the Dr. Des Little Education Fund which gives a donation of money each year to support students attending College or University.
Our ongoing Outreach to the Mission and Service Fund of the United Church of Canada is used for local and national disasters such as Haiti, the Philippines and many others.
BREAKFAST FOR KIDS PROGRAM continues at St Andrews Presbyterian Church, during the school year. This is a joint effort by the Coldwater/Eady United Church, St. Andrews Presbyterian Church and St. Georges Anglican Church. In February, 2014 we added Friday to the days we take breakfast to the school and it is a joy to see all those smiling faces find us as we offer a glass of milk, warm Pita, French toast, cheese or yogurt. We also handed out pencils, sharpeners and erasers to add to the festivities on Valentines Day.